A lunch time project to quench my thirst of understanding Digital Signal Processing in a way that I may develop a gut feeling for digital filters and signals.
Project is hosted on Bazaar/Launchpad. This is link to project repository.
A quote from project’s reository:
Graphically give location of poles and zeros on z plane and that will be converted to time domain and frequency domain as well as you can choose to hear the audio o/p, on the fly, of your filter.
This will help you in getting that gut-feeling about Z domain representation of a filter and its effects.
Here I am listing my posts for code documentation/future ideas for this project.
- insight to pole/zero behavior in Z plane
- as user adds/edits location of real/conjugate poles/zeros the effective transfer function be applied to a media file which is being played as user is interacting
- displaying magnitude and phase response for given set of (conjugate) poles/zeros
- basic LPF part 1 and part 2
- setting up testbed and tools
- the Z domain
Fig. 2 Unbalanced behavior of poles
Fig. 3 Unbalanced behavior of zeros